Certified Nurse Midwife
Minnesota Birth Center is an independently owned and operated practice that is led by certified nurse-midwives in the Twin Cities. The freestanding birth center was founded in 2012 by perinatologist Dr. Steven Calvin, who is also the medical director. The CNM role is focused in the out-of-hospital setting; however, all CNMs have privileges at our collaborating hospitals to provide seamless care for our families. We have provided care at over 1600 births in the first five years of operation and are continuing to grow. Minnesota Birth Center is very proud to have received the 2017 “Best of the Twin Cities” Award from the Birth and Baby Expo, ACNM’s Triple AIM Achievement (2015, 2016) and Four Core Perinatal Measure Designee (2015). We provide personalized care to low-risk clients. Please visit us at theminnesotabirthcenter.com to learn more.
- 10 CNMs,15 RNs that work in clinic and/or as birth assistants, and 12 administrative staff.
- 2 freestanding birth centers.
- 2 CNMs on call at a time.
- Privileges and Physician collaboration agreements at two hospitals: United in St. Paul and Abbott in Minneapolis; both are part of the Allina Health system.
- Clients have access to water birth, nitrous, labor slings, birth stools, in-house ultrasound, IBCLC, postpartum home visits, postpartum group care.
- VBAC and planned hospital birth available at United Hospital.
- 30-50 births a month.
- Well-care, family planning including birth control, STI screening, and other women’s health services.
- Core values include a respectful and collegial working environment, evidence-based care, and strong team leadership.
Details of the position:
- .7 FTE: 5 shifts per two-week pay period, split between clinic and 24-hour call.
- Every other weekend.
- Equal holiday rotation across CNM practice.
- 24-hour call.
- Benefits-eligible position.
Ideal candidate will have*:
- MN CNM and APRN licenses.
- At least 2 years experience working as a CNM (extensive RN experience in L&D or CPM background will also be considered).
- Experience with a specific interest in the out-of-hospital birth center model.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and also practice independently with competence and confidence.
- BLS/NRP certification.
- Limited OB US certification; certification is required within one year of hire.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in MBC’s EHR (Athena).
*While all interested parties are encouraged to apply (including new CNM graduates), priority of consideration may be given to candidates who have already obtained their DEA and NPI. Opportunities for reimbursement may be given retroactively upon hire and completion of orientation period if licensing was pursued specifically for employment with MBC and if there is no other relevant employment between the time of licensing and employment with MBC.
Interested candidates please send CV and cover letter to Emily Campbell, Human Resources, at email@example.com and Mary-Signe Chojnacki, Clinical Director and CNM, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minnesota Birth Center accepts inquiries regarding our Doula Internship year round; new internship sessions open every six months. Please direct inquiries to email@example.com.