Are you great with numbers and a tenacious problem solver? Are you passionate about midwives, women’s health, and out-of-hospital birth? Join our billing team!
The Billing Associate role is an essential player in maximizing revenue and enhancing the patient experience by facilitating day-to-day administrative and billing follow-up. This is a role that requires an understanding of, or willingness to learn, the fundamentals of health insurance and the intricacies as they relate to maternity care and gynecological care.
There are three main components of this role:
- Claims follow-up and management specific to insurance payers
- Account follow-up and management with MBC clients
- Special reporting as needed
- In order to be successful in this role, candidates must have the organization, drive, and resilience to problem-solve effectively within the parameters of the provider/insurance payer model.
- At least 1 year of billing and coding experience preferred but not required
- RHIT or CPC certification or accreditation preferred but not required
- Proven ability to manage projects from inception to completion
- Outstanding strategic communicator
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite and EHR
This is a flexible hourly position that can be part time, dependent on qualified candidate’s preference, with a minimum commitment of 30 hours/week. Once orientation and training is completed, this role can be hybrid with a mix of working remotely and in the office.
BIPOC GLBTQIA2S candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Emily Campbell, administrative director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.