MBC has an open position for a sonographer. The sonographer role at Minnesota Birth Center is a part-time independent contractor position. The sonographer completes independent OB ultrasounds at both Minneapolis and St. Paul clinic locations.
- ARDMS Certification with obstetrical ultrasound experience
- Ability to provide a professional and compassionate patient experience
- Reports to Medical Director
- Perform obstetrical ultrasound examinations in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by the Minnesota Birth Center (MBC) medical director.
- Instruct patients regarding procedures to ensure patient satisfaction and optimum test results.
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating equipment.
- Maintain ultrasound machine in appropriate operating condition during scanning sessions.
- Maintain examination rooms and work areas during sessions.
- After training, be able to use MBC Athenanet to obtain patient information.
- Enter all the necessary patient demographic and other information into the ultrasound machine before each scan.
- Save appropriate images and reporting fields during each scan. Print a final report on all scans and make sure images are transmitted to Trice Image cloud storage.
- If the patient desires a link to some of her baby’s images obtain a patient email address and choose appropriate images to send to her through the Trice Imaging link after completion of the scan (or by the end of the day).
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to info@theminnesotabirthcente