Minnesota Birth Center is seeking an Administrative and Front Desk Staff Person for our Minneapolis location.
Role: Administrative and Front Desk Staff (20 hours per week)
The administrative staff play a vital role in patient and provider experience and smooth day-to-day operation of the Minnesota Birth Center. This role is ideal for a person that is comfortable managing multiple tasks with varying levels of complexity all while warmly welcoming clients.
Detail oriented with excellent follow-through. Strong multitasking skills. Solution-oriented, adaptable, friendly, positive, patient, discreet, high-level of understanding and comfortability using technology. Ability to learn electronic health record system for scheduling and managing patient flow.
Clear written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable using a computer, Microsoft Office Suite. Administrative or customer service experience a plus. General understanding of health insurance, medical billing terminology and women’s health a plus.
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective clients via phone and email
- Accurately describe MBC’s model of care and policies
- Provide basic education on MBC’s financial policy
- Support CNMs and nurses to keep clinic days running smoothly
- Competently navigate AthenaHealth, MBC’s electronic medical record and scheduling technology
- Follow HIPAA guidelines
- Check patients in for appointments
- General administrative support
- Process patient payments
- Other tasks, as needed
Please apply by sending a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.