Certified Nurse Midwife
Minnesota Birth Center is growing!
Minnesota Birth Center is a midwife-led independent practice of free-standing birth centers in the Twin Cities. Minnesota Birth Center was founded by perinatologist Dr. Steven Calvin in 2012. Midwives have privileges at our collaborating hospital to provide seamless care for our families. We have provided care at over 1600 births and are continuing to grow. Minnesota Birth Center is very proud to have received the 2017 “Best of the Twin Cities” Award from the Birth and Baby Expo, ACNM’s Triple AIM Achievement (2015, 2016) and Four Core Perinatal Measure Designee (2015). We provide personalized care to low risk clients. Please visit our website at http://theminnesotabirthcenter.com/ to learn more.
- 10 CNMs
- 2 Freestanding Birth Centers
- Offering water birth, nitrous, labor slings, birth stool
- VBAC and planned hospital births at United
- Privileges at two hospitals: United and Abbott
- 40-50 births a month
- We value the autonomy of our clients, a respectful and collegial working environment, evidence-based care, and strong CNM leadership
- Physician collaboration agreement at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN and United Hospital, St Paul, MN
- At least 2 years in CNM practice (extensive RN experience in L&D or CPM background will also be considered)
- Has experience attending Out of Hospital birth
- Has MN CNM/APRN license
- Has DEA number
- BLS/NRP certified
- Limited OB US certified or willing to be within a year of hire.
- Strong leadership skills required
- Ability to learn and become proficient in MBC’s EHR (Athena)
- .7 FTE
- Every other weekend
- 24 hour call
Interested applicants please send CV and cover letter to Katie Ireland, CNM at email@example.com
Minnesota Birth Center accepts inquiries regarding our Doula Internship year round. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.