Job Description: The sonographer role at Minnesota Birth Center is a part-time independent contractor position. The sonographer completes independent OB ultrasounds at both Minneapolis and St. Paul clinic locations.
- ARDMS Certification with obstetrical ultrasound experience
- Ability to provide a professional and compassionate patient experience
- Reports to Medical Director
- Perform obstetrical ultrasound examinations in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by the Minnesota Birth Center (MBC) medical director.
- Instruct patients regarding procedures to ensure patient satisfaction and optimum test results.
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating equipment.
- Maintain ultrasound machine in appropriate operating condition during scanning sessions.
- Maintain examination rooms and work areas during sessions.
- After training, be able to use MBC Athenanet to obtain patient information.
- Enter all the necessary patient demographic and other information into the ultrasound machine before each scan.
- Save appropriate images and reporting fields during each scan. Print a final report on all scans and make sure images are transmitted to Trice Image cloud storage.
- If the patient desires a link to some of her baby’s images obtain a patient email address and choose appropriate images to send to her through the Trice Imaging link after completion of the scan (or by the end of the day).
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to info@theminnesotabirthcente
Minnesota Birth Center (MBC) is seeking a skilled and passionate nurse who wants to practice alongside midwives in a Birth Center setting. A highly qualified candidate would have L&D or related experience and proven commitment to out-of-hospital midwifery care, although these qualifications are not required. MBC is looking for LPN or RN nurses who are aligned with MBC’s philosophy of care, are self-directed in gaining the knowledge and skills required to do the job, excel in non-traditional situations, and are skilled communicators and team members.
- The nurse will be scheduled six units per two-week pay period. One unit is equal to one clinic shift or one 24-hour call shift. The nurse will work a combination of clinic and 24-hour call shifts. (There may be an opportunity for a smaller position at 3-4 units per pay period; please inquire if interested.)
- During clinic shifts, the nurse will assist midwives as needed to facilitate smooth and timely antepartum, postpartum, and well-woman care; provide postpartum nursing care and assessment of the mom-baby dyad and breastfeeding assistance at the 24-48 hour home visit, review lab results from previous clinic day and follow-up as needed; answer, document, and follow up on patient calls to the nurse line; and assist with lab draws, NSTs, medication administration, and other clinical tasks as needed.
- During on-call shifts, the nurse must be accessible by cell phone and able to arrive to either birth center location within 30 minutes of being called in. During call shifts when needed, the nurse will provide labor, birth, and postpartum nursing care as the midwife’s second set of hands at a birth; assist as cofacilitator at Circle Care, our postpartum group care sessions for early postpartum moms and their babies; teach families how to care for mom and baby at home after discharge at the Early Home Care class; perform 24-48 hour home visits outside of clinic hours; and work on various administrative tasks.
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to anna@theminnesotabirthcente
Minnesota Birth Center accepts inquiries regarding our Doula Internship year round. Please direct inquiries to email@example.com.